Are you an avid collector of all-things-Internet (memes, animated GIFS, PDFs, videos)? Do you collect a lot of research material and need to quickly organize it into folders? RightFolder to the rescue! RightFolder was designed to allow you to quickly and accurately select files and move or copy them to their rightful folders using profiles that you create (with minimal typing – in most cases, you just need to enter a name for the profile).
A RightFolder profile consists of file extensions (‘TXT’, ‘GIF’, etc) & destination folders. The file extensions allow RightFolder to filter out unwanted profiles to find the one you want. Profiles (and the destination folders within them) are all given SINGLE KEY keyboard shortcuts to allow you to quickly select them! You can create up to 62 profiles (with up to 62 destination folders within each one), and select them with these keyboard shortcuts. You can select as many extensions per profile as you want (or create your own), and you can change RightFolder’s behavior for any given extension (e.g., treat an “RM” file as a text file instead of an audio file).
RightFolder is also a very capable file viewer when the optional (but strongly recommended) free-to-use programs VLC & Adobe Acrobat Reader DC are installed! RightFolder can preview:
- Any audio / video file that VLC can handle (when VLC is installed).
- Most images - BMP, EMF, GIF (standard & animated), ICO, JPG/JPEG/JFIF, PCX, PNG, SVG, TIF/TIFF, WEBP, & WMF. (Note that PCX support is limited, but usually works for smaller images…)
- Any PDF file that Acrobat can handle (if Acrobat is installed, or another PDF viewer that previews in Windows Explorer).
- Office documents (if you have Microsoft Office or Microsoft 365 installed). (Liimited to the document types your Office installation supports.)
- Rich Text Format (i.e., WordPad) documents (including images), and text files, with optional word wrap.
Also has programmer friendly features!
Free 2 week trial